Friday, September 12, 2008

Beer Festival in Brussels


Last weekend our friends Kyle and Emily invited us to Brussels to partake in the Belgian Beer Festival. It was in the center of the Grand Place, and all of the major breweries were in attendance. We stood in line for quite a while for "tokens" and then Stephen went off with the guys to find "quirky" Belgian beers that we could try. The first few ones were nice...but there were some really nasty ones thrown in there as well. As the place got more and more crowded, the lines to get tokens got longer and longer. To make Jeremy and Lindsay proud, Stephen found a kink/weak spot in the line and slipped in...and we were able to enjoy a few more beers before the night ended. As we were walking out to get to our car, we passed a van giving free breath-a-lizers (with no policie I assure you).





Since I've never given one (and have always been curious while I'm drinking) I decided to stop and try it. I had only had 4 beers in about 4 or so hours. Stephen and Kyle had a few more than me. Here are our results. Please notice the legal driving limit. We learned later that if you move the decimal place over to the left one space you will have the TX legal limit. I was the lesser of the evils, so in Texas rules I was ok to drive. We'll leave it at that.* Plus, look at Gracie. She was hammered. Someone had to be responsible!! Afterwards we had Chinese food at Kyle and Emily's while watching College Football. It was nice. Stephen got his fix, I think.



*No, this is not a habit. Please, no lectures.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    So I have no idea how to find your email address on this blog. I am one of Kat's friends back in Plano and when she found out I was going to be studying in Brussels she sent me your guys' blog. I have been in Brussels for 2 weeks, but I figured I would try to contact you guys. It would be great to meet up with some fellow Texans sometime. My email is Rachlv@hotmail.com. Please feel free to shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete