Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Saying Goodbye





My grandfather's funeral was amazing. It was full of his life and legacy, friendships and funny stories. We had a great time visiting with his friends and family and honoring his life. At his graveside they had a "Veteran's" service, with a 21-gun salute and then folding of the American Flag for my grandmother. It was very emotional and peaceful.



After the funeral I stayed in Tulsa with my parents, grandmother and Aunts. We had a great time relaxing and celebrating Aunt Pegi's Birthday! I was able to see my sweet nieces in Dallas for a short bit before heading back to Belgium...which was amazing! They grow up so fast!



Since I've been home things haven't slowed down...but I like that it's busy! The time flies by quickly, and before you know it, we'll be back home!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing as moving as a military funeral. My Papa had one 2 years ago, and I know there was not a dry eye when they played "Taps" and handed the flag to my Nana. What a great tribute to your Grandfather!

    ReplyDelete