Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{HomeSchool}: LATE Weekly Wrap-Up

We're behind.  The post-holiday blues hit, and it's been freezing...I have a lot of excuses.  But the good news is we did all of the work, I just forgot to blog. 

The first week back was focusing on "Jesus is my Shepherd."  The color was black, and the shape was rectangle.

Not to sound like he's advanced or anything, but he has a lot of the goals in the curriculum down.  Numbers to 20, the alphabet, all colors and shapes...so we typically just use these activities as reinforcement and focus on the bible stories, which are new to him.

We first talked about what a shepherd does...and he loved the idea of sheep walking together in huge groups.  Then I talked about Jesus being his shepherd, guiding him along in life.  Not sure how much of that (if any) he grasps, but it's my job to instill it in him now.  I love my job.

If you've read my blog (or know us well), you know Knox is OBSESSED with cars.  He has a real-life favorite, though.  Papi's truck.  It's a huge black truck, and he gets to push all of the buttons, honk the wheel and ride "un-tethered" in the back.  He loves it.  So, I printed a picture of a truck and let him color it with a black crayon.  While he colored, we discussed other black things--my car, the sky at night, black beans, etc.


Then, as part of the shepherd theme, we colored a sheep and then added his coat (cotton balls).  He did really well at this activity.  I would hand him a marker and tell him what to color.  Though not in the lines, he did it all perfectly!



To mix in the shape of the week, I printed off a rectangle and let him use the paints (his absolute favorite).  We started by letting him choose the color, and then decided to mix a bunch of colors in hopes of getting to black.  We got pretty close...



This week was a fun one, and I'm looking forward to week 2 (which I'll post on time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment