Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Don't be a hater!

You never know what hobby you might take up when you are really bored. As I mentioned earlier, scarves are vitally important in the arctic (exaggeration) winds. We never leave the house without them! When my mom was here, we found a store that had millions of scarves, but not only were they expensive, they were all more or less the same. In the back of the store were hundreds of different rolls of yarn, though, and the idea was born. Yesterday I received a package from my mom, and among other things was a knitting kit. I put the instructional DVD in (which was hilarious, sure you can imagine), and tried it out. 5 hours later, I had completed 2 scarves for Gracie (see pics) and a liner for her new carrier (a gift from Stephen). Today, I'm 75% complete with a scarf for me...of course it matches. Now that I have the hang of it, I'm going to go pick out some crazy yarn patterns and make some serious scarves, gloves, and maybe even some booties for some lovely little babies I know! Am I a nerd? I think so, but it's addicting. Don't knock it 'til you try it...and until you have nothing to do all day, keep your jokes to yourself :)

Doesn't she look adorable??

1 comment: