Thursday, January 10, 2008

Perspectives...


We've been here over 5 months now...can you believe it? Though some of you have forgotten about us, and some of you are glad we've been away 5 months...we miss everyone. It doesn't get any easier with time. In fact, I think it gets worse. Those inside jokes are forgotten, the little texts and phone calls are lost, and we're still here. My sister has been gone a week tomorrow, and it's still painful. I miss her tremendously! We have so much fun together, laughing IS good medicine! All of this can be numbing at times, but then you wake up on a day like today, the sun is shining bright over the river, casting pink and purple shadows over the city, and you stand in awe of what God has done...not just in our lives, but in general. He wakes us up every morning with a beautiful kiss from the sun (I'm exaggerating a little, cause usually it's fog and rainy here...but work with me) and He puts you to sleep with the stars. I'm learning, of all things, perspective. I would love to sulk and in my hardships and suffering, but how can you with all of the good that surrounds us? Laugh when something strikes you as funny, breathe in deep when you're taken back, and love completely and unashamedly! Take a moment to look around you...I'm sure each of you has a pretty good view :)


"I trust in God's faithful love forever and ever. I will praise You forever for what You have done. In the presence of Your faithful people, I will put my hope in Your name, for it is good. " Psalm 52:8-9


"But I will hope continually and will praise You more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness and Your salvation all day long, though I cannot sum them up." Psalm 71:14-15

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephen and Katie....I try to
    keep up with your blog and really
    enjoy reading about all your
    "adventures"! You are doing
    amazing things. I love seeing
    Gracie in Paris - too funny!

    Cindy Gatewood

    ReplyDelete