Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cabo

Stephen and I left for Cabo last Wednesday and returned home Monday.  It was SO great, and just the type of vacation (read: relaxation) we needed.  The weather was amazing, and even better...we got to see sweet Becca get hitched.  Stephen and Rebecca went to High School together, and we became fast friends.  We were so excited to get to be there for her wedding, and what a better way than in Mexico?

These next few shots were out of our room balcony at the Hilton Los Cabos resort (click on pictures to enlarge):




We arrived before the majority of the wedding party/guests, so Stephen and I spent a day or two around the pool in solitude.  It was the perfect amount of time, and we were ready to have a great time once everyone started to trickle in. 

The first night we went downtown (Cabo) to have dinner.  Stephen and I went a little earlier than our friends and walked around the harbor.


Dinner was at Ediths, a recommendation from some of Stephen's coworkers.  It did NOT disappoint.  I loved the food, but the ambiance was incredible!


The next night was John and Becca's rehearsal dinner on the beach.  They had an awesome dinner with smores around the fire afterwards.

Stephen and I with the bride and groom (please ignore my horrific sunburn in the next few pictures).



Lindsey, Amy, Abby and I


We did this about 80 million times, and laughed hysterically the entire time.

Rebecca's dad came and announced last call.  Need I say more?

Wedding day arrived, and the bride was graced with amazing weather.  It was gorgeous, and she looked even better.


First kiss!
(little factoid: the minister did Speidi's wedding)

First dance!

The sky was unreal for the reception.  We had a great time dancing the night away, and laughing at the shameless onlookers from the infinity pool.

The next morning I snagged one of the bungalows to lay out in, and guess who decided to say hello??


A momma and baby whale.  See arrow, ha!  I unfortunately didn't have my zoom lens at the pool with me.  It was awesome.

Our last night (we convinced our friends to extend their vacay one more night) we headed out to Baja Brewing Company for dinner.  We had great beer, great food and an awesome view.  It was the perfect way to end the trip!


View from the beach.

We were so sad to leave, but so ready to get home and see Knox.  Thanks to our parents, he was spoiled rotten and had a great time while we were away.  If any of you are looking to plan a vacation, I would highly recommend Cabo!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! So happy you guys were there:) John and I had the. best. time!!

    ReplyDelete