Monday, December 16, 2013

13 years...

Sweet Gracie has been a part of my life for 13 years now.  Crazy to think it has been that long.  She survived college, marriage, Belgium and all of Europe (yes, she has an active passport) and Knox.  She is currently surviving Finn, though she's not a huge fan of this new addition so late in life.

I know it's crazy, and I know she's just a dog, but she's more than that.  She's family.  She has been there through the happiest and toughest parts of my life, and I can't imagine life without her.  Seeing Knox love her just as much as I do is the icing on the cake.

All day yesterday he would ask "Where is the birthday girl?," seek her out and give her hugs and kisses.  All day.  She felt loved, and she LOVED her scrambled birthday eggs.

We love you, Gracie dog!  Happy 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment