Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Feast

We had a great Thanksgiving, full of family and friends and the occasional puppy snuggle.

The festivities started with Knox's class feast.  He was so excited to show me his headdress, and loved having me in class while he at lunch.  

Caught him peeking during the prayer

Getting his grub on at his table

Running Horse

His cute Turkey placemat

Mid-cupcake stache (and the wattle (yes, I googled it's name) was in red icing, so it looks like he's bleeding)

We're very thankful for his teachers and his school...so we had to shower them with some yumminess!

His class cupcakes...see the wattle?

For Thanksgiving, we hosted the lunch at our house.  It was as crazy as you can imagine with 11 adults and 8 kids under 6, but we wouldn't have had it any other way.  

Everyone brought their own additions to make the full buffet of goodness, and we were all stuffed when all was said and done.  We had two turkeys, a ham, candied yams, cheesy potato casserole, squash casserole, stuffing, rice, mac and cheese, a veggie tray, green bean casserole, cresent rolls and cranberry fluff.  I feel like I gained three pounds just typing that. 

My sister brought a few pumpkin pies, one paleo and the other full of yumminess, and my mom made a pecan pie.  I have a rather (ahem) picky husband who requested a cherry pie, so I tried my hand at baking.

I thought it turned out pretty good!

Then I found this recipe for individual apple pies for the kiddos...they were really good and I still am enjoying them nuked in the microwave with a little BlueBell, but let's keep that between us!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment