Monday, August 27, 2012

Papi's Birthday

I've slacked a little in the blogging department, but it's only because we've been so busy.  Lots of things have been going on in the Dotson household: parties, trips, grandparent-loving, new toys...once I have a minute to sit down, I'll post them all here!

The weekend before last, Knox got to spend the weekend with my parents while we had a child-free weekend at the lake.  We do this trip every year, and we have so much fun.  So much fun this year that I don't have one picture to show for it.  We tubed, surfed, lounged, ate, grilled out, laughed, cried...seriously, so fun!

When we got home on Sunday, we had a little family cookout to celebrate one of my favorite people...my pops!  He reads the blog and knows how I feel, so I won't gush too much, but he's an incredible man, husband, father, father-in-law, papi and friend.  Seriously, if you've met him, you  know how special he is.  We were so thankful to be able to celebrate his special day!

The kids jumped in the pool right after dinner, and enjoyed some cooler temps.  My mom scrounged around for some candles to put on the cake, but could only come up with random numbers.  We used them anyway!

The kids anxiously awaiting cake and ice cream.

The random cake...tinkerbelle candle and the numbers 2, 3, and 7.  So random.

I just had to capture those lashes while he was mesmorized by the candles.

Watching Papi cut the cake

Yummo!

Love the summer haze, and icing lips!

We sang Happy birthday, cheered for Papi, and then Kiki (my niece) asked if she could like the candles.  She grabbed one and licked the icing off.  Conner (her bro), decided to follow suit.  Guess he didn't realize we were just licking the icing off:


The poor number 7 is no longer...too funny!  We tried to get him to spit most of it out, but I think he swallowed a good portion of it.  Gross!

It's always special to be able to celebrate events like these with family, and we don't take any of it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment