Thursday, January 5, 2012

30-for-30

I'm thirty.  30.  three-zero.

To be honest, I'm excited to be 30.  It's a new decade.  Clean slate.  I have so many plans, adventures and wishes for the next ten years.  

I'm blessed beyond measure.  My sweet husband gifted me with a video of friends and family, each describing various times in my life that we've shared.  I sobbed, and loved seeing all of the people that have touched my life in so many ways.  My parents threw an AMAZING bash.  It's so easy to take your friends and family for granted.  Having most of them in the same room at the same time...perfection.  I'm so very thankful.

There were over 200 pictures from the party.  I couldn't narrow it down to anything reasonable for the blog...so you get raw, unedited goodness.  Enjoy some of my favs!

(p.s. the theme of the party was ESPN's "30-for-30" series, since I turned 30 on the 30th.  Everyone was to dress as a character from the series or their favorite athlete.  I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that everyone that came in "going out clothes" were meant to be SMU boosters.  It makes me feel better for wearing a mullet wig the entire night!

p.p.s. I was Chrissie Evert and Stephen was Bjorn Borg.  He was supposed to be John McEnroe, but I got the wrong color afro.  We tried painting it, but it didn't work!)








Thanks again to everyone that came out to make it such a special night.  I love each and every one of you.  Here's to 2012!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm turning 30 in less than 2 months! I'm looking forward to it too! Was your party at Vicery park? It looked familiar! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete