Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweet Firefly

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE my neighborhood.  Stephen and I have been so blessed by the people we've met since moving here.  We bought the house for proximity to work and the house itself.  Never in a million years did I realize how lucky we really were.  

Namely, the Moms group has made the biggest impact. We've met so many great friends, and there are so many kids Knox's age.  Each week there's a playgroup scheduled.  Each month there's a mom's night out.  Each quarter there's a family event.  So amazing.

Another reason I love my neighborhood is the ability to walk to places.  We are in walking distance to a donut shop, dry cleaners, veterinarian, grocery store, Mexican and American restaurants, a bakery, a dance studio, a venue for receptions or large parties, a gym, a notary and mailing center, two boutiques and an ice cream shop.  Seriously.  

On Wednesday evening we got to combine the two.  My friend Mollie hosted a playgroup at Sweet Firefly, our ice cream spot.  It's such a cute place, and the kids love it because it's very kid friendly.  Kid-sized desks and stools for them to sit, a chalkboard to color, tic-tac-toe to play with, and a lot of candy to oogle at.  The ice cream (and shaved ice) is delicious, too!

If you're in the area, stop by.  And call me, we'll meet you there!!










2 comments: