Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chosen Marathon-Go Papi, Go!

One of these days I'll actually do more to my photos than just upload and put on my blog...but I haven't had time to breathe, much less edit pictures.  One day...one day.  I figure I'm so far behind, it's best to just get them on the blog as soon as I can...so here you go!

A few weekends ago we had the honor of watching my dad (Papi) complete his first half marathon.  He has been training for the past few months, and we were so excited to cheer him on and congratulate him on this accomplishment!  The event also coincided with a great cause, Adoption.  My sister and her husband are in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia, and this race provided them with another way to raise funds while doing something they both love: running!

Knox and I decorated a sign and we were off, stopping only for some warm coffee and chicken minis.  My sister ran with my dad, and when Matt had finished his race he ran back to finish with them.  It was a pretty cool moment seeing them round the last curve, and our cheering section was loud and proud!















I'm so proud of my dad, for not only committing to doing it, but setting an example for others that you can do anything you set your mind to!  He's pretty great!

No comments:

Post a Comment