Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lake Time, part 2

If we weren't playing games or eating, we were in the water.  Friday we spent the afternoon getting acquainted with the lake, and we wakeboarded.  We had a blast, laughing at everyone's misery of face-planting in the water going 25 mph.  Hilarious. 

Later that night, we went to Gnarly Gars, a local "lake place."  Fried foods, swimsuits and cover-ups and these gnarly catfish.  People feed them, so they are more-or-less protected here...and they were HUGE.  Yuck.

Riding home was amazing.  Sunsets on the water are gorgeous!


The next morning we woke up, had breakfast and hit the water again!  This time, it was couples tubing.  We laughed so hard, that we were almost as much sore from that as we were from tubing.



After everyone had a go, we decided to head back and do what we do best, eat.  We brought down some snacks from the house and floated around the dock.  I tried the stand up paddle, which was fun but tiring.  I definitely earned my 7-layer dip (or at least that's what I'm telling myself).


Then the guys (and Courtney) started flying off the second story of the deck.  They had mini-competitions (who could do a 360* turn, even an attempt at a 720*), and we got some great pictures!






My favorite, though, was when Michael decided to give the camera a little "guns ablazing!"


We then headed inside for lunch.  Yummy burgs.  And maybe a little spritzer.


Most days after eating we'd hit up the hot tub or pool.  It was a bit more relaxing than the lake...bliss.


Our final water sport was wakesurfing.  I've never tried because I always thought it would be too hard.  To my surprise, it was actually pretty easy (well, getting up and staying up was) and I liked it WAY better than wakeboarding.  It will be my go-to next time!



As you can see, a great time was had by all.  Can't wait until the 3rd annual...only this time it might just happen in Mexico!!

No comments:

Post a Comment