Monday, October 31, 2011

We had a real good time.

This past weekend we went to Austin to celebrate my friend Caroline's 30th birthday.  Caroline and I met in high school, but reconnected after we found our kids were only 7 days apart.  We get to watch our kids grow up now, which is so fun, and because of her I have met so many great girls that I consider great friends!  We had an amazing time, tasted some delicious wines and ate way too much yummy food.  My kind of birthday bash!!

Caroline and Mark have a favorite winery just outside of Austin, the Duchman Vineyards and Trattoria Lissina Restaurant.  We were treated to a wine tasting that featured the vineyards top 5 wines.  They were delicious, and we were able to learn all about the process of wine making.

Once we were done, we headed outside to play a little Bocce ball and wait for our dinner reservations.  The grounds were amazing.  We took advantage and had a few photo shoots...




The restaurant



The guys


The girls


Everyone


Stephen and I


The vines

Once our reservations were ready, the rowdy bunch headed in.  Stephen and I sat by the Robisons and Williams, and we laughed hysterically and ate enough for the week.  I'm so thankful for such great friends!


Alice and I


The birthday girl and her birthday dessert


The table


And our dessert...yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment