Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mama's Cute Boy!

I know I'm biased, but Knox is just the cutest.  He's always smiling and has the sweetest disposition.  He never gets fussy, and he loves to be around people. 

Somehow I've still found myself worrying.  Is he on schedule like the other kids?  Why is he 'behind' on some of the milestones the STUPID websites send me on a weekly basis?  I can't be alone.  However, I have to stop.  I'm robbing myself of enjoying him how he is.  Right now, talking or not. 
God is SO GOOD.  He made him just the way he is, perfect in his sight.

One of my worries was that he wasn't babbling.  He hasn't really ever used the consonants that he is "supposed to."  He loves to "talk," but it wasn't the way the websites said he should.  We read to him, and he understands us and makes his requests known...just not like the babies his age "should be."  I use quotations because I'm learning, like I think most first-time moms do, that these are averages.  Scratch that, I've always known they were averages, but when your child is behind a bit, you freak.  Well, at least I do.  I've joked and pretended to not be bothered, but in the back of my mind the what-if's were clouding my judgement. And my joy. 

But God is SO good.  In one week, Knox went from a gummy sweetheart to a TOOTH-filled (well, one) sweetheart that says "Mama."  I'm humbled.  He was just waiting for his time, to do it in his own way.  I've un-subscribed to all of those STUPID websites.  I'm trusting in HIM to provide the milestones when they should happen.  I'm going to do my best to keep the worrying at bay.  Will you help keep me in check?

In other, less ridiculous news...Knox is able to wear his adorable Baylor PJ's.  We had an impromptu photo shoot, but how could you resist?


Check out that belly!  Love it!



He'll be 9 months old next week.  Where has the time gone?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about THOSE websites! Holt should be saying "mamamamam" or "bababababa"? No, he still squeals and screams and oooohhhs and aaaahhhs and I love it. He's almost 6 months. Maybe I should unsubscribe to? You are doing a fantastic job and Knox is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I find myself doing the same thing and it's just not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! First of all, Knox is a gorgeous little boy. He really could be a baby model! Secondly, it sounds to me like he is just perfect! I honestly think those websites are unreliable! And thirdly and most importantly, coming from a former elementary school teacher, you are an amazing Mama! Just the act of reading to him and playing with him alone will make him so smart when he gets to school. Just think about those sad little kiddos who struggle because their parents put them in front of the tv all day. Knox is so blessed to have y'all as his parents, and I'm sure you feel the same way about him. Good call on unsubscribing. They are precious and wonderfully made by God himself and he couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete