Monday, January 31, 2011

Knox's Dedication

Yesterday, January 30th, 2011, Knox was dedicated to our Lord and our church...just not in typical fashion.  See, I thought the dedication started at 5pm.  Well, turns out it started at 4, so we missed the entire thing.  After wiping a few tears for messing up his first big gig, I put my big girl panties on and we enjoyed what was left of it.  The Children's Director, Peggy, is incredible and after many attempts to get the pastor back in the building decided to just head it up herself.  She's ordained, not sure it matters, but she is and she wanted to help us out.  Have I  mentioned she's incredible? 

She prayed over our son, dedicating him to our Lord and Savior.  She loved on him and us, and we thank her for it.  Our families were all there, celebrating with us.  Our hope has always been, and will continue to be, that our son has a heart for service and a love for the Lord.  We will do our best, as his parents, to guide him along the way.  It was a beautiful day.

His bible, book of questions and certificate

Sweet Peggy loving on Knox

  

My favorite men.  And my favorite picture of them!



My parents



Stephen's parents and sister, Kelly

Knox had just woken up when we got there.  He wasn't in the "smiling" mood

Most of my family.  We missed Hayley and Matt, but they were rocking
the Houston marathon.  And H&M, you would have missed it anyway :)

The best of the cousin pictures.  And...there's another on the way in
September.   Not mine, in case you were questioning :)

One of my new favorite pics.  This is the face he will be making for a long
time to come!
We love you, Knox!

3 comments: