Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

(**Prepare for picture overload!)

Halloween 2012 spanned 4 days.  We had our neighborhood festival, a Halloween playgroup and then the actual Trick-or-Treat extravaganza.  It was all SO MUCH FUN, but I'm exhausted.  No really, I need a nap.

Sunday afternoon we had a Canyon Creek Mom's Club Trunk-or-Treat.  It was so much fun to plan, and the kids had a blast.  Knox picked out his costume this year, but actually wearing it for long periods of time wasn't in his agenda.  We had to do a little bribing, and by Wednesday night he didn't want to take it off.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I promised him candy and cookies to keep it on.  No, probably not. 

Knox with brobee and the pumpkin...or Bennett and Claire.

Chillin' with Blair

Our trunk...I had ping pong balls that were decorated like flies...the kids had to get a fly in the frog's mouth to get candy.

Believe it or not, he wore the t-rex outfit in the bounce house!

The ladybug was in there, too!

He won some witch fingers at the duck pond booth!

We had a great time, and the Hamburger Man served some great burgers!  A good time was had by all!

The next morning, I hosted a Halloween playgroup for a mom's group I'm in.  


The kids came dressed in their outfits, and I did my best to serve festive treats.

Below are kolaches, hot dog "mummies," chocolate "witch hats," ritz cracker and pretzel "spiders," and orange blueberry muffins.


Everything was ready for the party, until I noticed that Knox was grazing:


Seriously?  He took small bites out of three cookies.  Good thing I had extras :)

We had a great time, and were sweating after trying to get the kids to sit still for the picture.  I'm pretty sure all of the babies (and mommies) had great naps after this one!

I know T-Rex did!


And finally, Wednesday night arrived and Knox and his buddies went trick-or-treating.  We met up at the Whitaker's house for pizza and pictures, then hit the streets.

And then he started refusing the outfit.

I was nervous.


But again, promising candy and cookies saved the day.  And letting him bring a car in his hand for the entirety of the trick-or-treating!



The kids and mommies got pictures together, and we headed out.  I love these girls and their babies...so thankful to have a neighborhood like we do!

And a family pic...with the car.


He was a pro...and kept the dino on all night!  We were so proud.

He even got into character and "Roared!!!" along the way!


I mean...how cute are they???

And little pumpkin Brantley was a trooper!



Ladybug (Blair) loves her dinosaur!


Dad helped out a lot, with his essentials in hand!
And the last picture of the night...before bathtime with a full pumpkin :)

Hope you and your kiddos had a great Hallween...until next year!

1 comment:

  1. I love that he wore the costume in the bounce house! Such a cute costume!!! (and cute boy in it)

    ReplyDelete